The purpose of this privacy notice is to ensure personal data processed by Walton Heath Manor is done so in a lawful, fair and transparent manner. Personal Data is information that relates to any individual who can be identified from the data.
Why we process your personal data
We process personal data for some or all of the following purposes.
- To adhere with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- To safely recruit and employ our staff or volunteers
- To ensure our staff are appropriately trained
- To deliver a safe and effective service
- For safeguarding and maintaining the safety of our residents
We will not use your personal data for anything other than for the purposes set out above and we will never sell your personal data to third parties or share it with third parties without telling you.
Our Lawful basis for processing your personal data
In addition to the above purposes we must have a valid lawful basis in order to process your personal data.
Therefore we have identified the following lawful bases:
- Legal Obligation
- We have a legal obligation to process our residents’ personal data under the Health and Social Care Act and to ensure we comply with CQC regulation.
- We use consent as our valid lawful basis when we are able to offer you real choice and control over your data and when you are able to withdraw your consent without any consequences. For example we will ask for your consent before we use photographs in promotional material or on our website
The type of personal data we may ask for
- Name and contact details
- Health, medical and therapy details
- Care plan details
- Financial details
- Personal details such as gender and date of birth
- Support plans
Where we may obtain your personal data from
Sometimes Walton Heath Manor will need to collect personal data from other sources to give you the best level of care. These sources include:
- Previous placements including residential, nursing or hospital
- Social workers
- Local authorities
- Health commissioning groups
- Health and medical professionals including therapists
- Court appointed deputy
Who we share your personal data with
There are times when we will need to share personal data with other organisations or third parties.
We will only do this in line with the purposes set out above and we will make sure appropriate steps are taken to protect the security of your personal data.
Walton Heath Manor may share personal data with the following organisations or third parties if and when required:
- Social services
- The Care Quality Commission and other regulatory bodies
- Local authorities
- The NHS and other medical professionals
- Future and potential placements for Service Users
- The courts and the police
- BACS payment services
The retention period applied to personal data we process is defined in our Retention Policy which is available upon request.
Data Controller details
Walton Heath Manor is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. Our Data Protection Officer’s details are as follows: Matron, Teresa Chandler, Registered Manager at Walton Heath Manor, 01737 814010